Olive oil is increasingly becoming the cooking oil of choice in the United States and in other countries across the world. It has a number of benefits- This oil provides the body with excellent protection against heart disease, obesity, and diabetes.
It is a staple of the Mediterranean diet and is widely used in Tunisian cuisine. Historically, this has led to lower rates of hypertension and cancer and increased longevity whencompared to the rest of the world.
Organic olive oil- the “superfood”
Olive oil offers a number of health benefits because its vitamins, polyunsaturated fatty acids,and monounsaturated fatty acids lend it a highly-balanced chemical composition. The make-up of olive oils includes:
- Monounsaturated fat
- Saturated fat
- Omega-3 and Omega-6
- Vitamin K and E
- Oleic acid
Olive oil has a much higher level of all these components relative to other commonly used vegetable fats. Oleic acid is the monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acid found in all olive oils. The importance of thiscomponent comes into the picture when establishing whether or not aparticular olive oil can be categorized – “extra virgin olive oil”. Its Fatty Acid profile should comprise of a minimum of 55% oleic acid to gain thisparticular tag.
Benefits of olive oil
- Regular consumption of extra virgin organic olive oil can lead to improved cholesterol and healthy arteries. The oleic acid content in it helps to achieve that.
- The vitamin E has a positive effect on the body.
- This oil is unprocessed and doesn’t contain any trans-fats, which makes it a very
healthy option. In comparison, other vegetable oils are refined and genetically modified.
- Olive oil is highly flavorful as well as aromatic and that can have a greater impact on the foods you cook than vegetable oils that are processed &deodorized.
- Manywonderwhether or not they should use organic olive oil in place of vegetable oil. Virgin olive oil will enhance the flavoring and freshness of the dishes you’re cooking.
Always purchase top-quality products from known brands that have been certified to be “organic”. Store your oils carefully and make sure you use them up before their shelf-life of two years.
If you want to know anything more about these oils and their benefits, don’t hesitate to call us at Fafani Foods at 844-232-1411 or write to us through this form and we will contact you without delay.
382 NE 191st St # 44113 Miami, FL 33179-3899