Experiencing olive oil in its most organic form is indeed a taste to remember!
The new age has seen mechanical and modernized production of olive oil production across the globe but Tunisia still holds on to its age old tradition of picking olives with bare hands, collecting them on nets and grinding them on stones. This is, what many experts would like to believe is the stark reason that differentiates Tunisian cuisine from the rest of the world.
The production of organic olive oil has grown manifold in the past years and so has the demand for the oil increased in all parts of the world.
Benefits of olive oil and its popularity
Given the plenty of health benefits of olive oil, it is now one of the major ingredients of all sorts of world class cuisines.
Scientifically speaking, extra virgin olive oil has a lot of health advantages. Here are some of the major characteristics of the organic olive oil:
- Fatty acids are the most important component of olive oil.
- Squalene and ß-carotene are the major group of hydrocarbons present in the oil
- ß-carotene contributes to the characteristic color of the oil
- It also serves as an antioxidant during storage
- Tocopherols in the olive makes it a vital source of vitamin E
- Ketones, aldehydes, thiols, acids are the other volatile components which adds to its characteristic flavor
Tunisian cuisine uses the following four version of the olive oil:
- Pure form: It is basically the lowest quality of olive oil available which is refined and filtered to neutralize the strong acid content. Given its quality, it is the least expensive of all the other types.
- Virgin olive oil: it is made without the use of any chemical additives and has less than 2% of acidic content. The manufacturing process is less manipulated that the pure olive oil.
- Extra virgin: this has the exact balance of aroma, flavor and acidic content. It is popular for salad dressings and marinades
- Cold pressed: made from the olive paste, this is made with a second pressing but still holds the authentic taste.
Fafani foods have been in the manufacturing and production of Tunisian food for the last two decades. To drill in more information, reach them at 844-232-1411 or visit their website at fafanifoods.com